Your Meal Planning Makeover
I use to spend so much money on crappy food that would never even get eaten. I'd walk in the grocery store and just grab whatever looked good. I ended up with a shopping cart full of ingredients but when I got home and the time came to actually cook, I wasn't sure where to begin.
Meal planning has been such a game changer for me. I eat better AND spend less money on groceries. More money for shoes, ya know.
I have had so many people ask me about my meal planning process and I've finally organized my steps to share with you! Also, I've created a FREE Meal Planning Template. Just. For. You. :)
Now hop to it!
1. Download and print the meal planning template.
2. Consider your planned workouts for the week or any events you have going on that will require more food or less prep time. For example, I like to get in more carbs on days where I have a big workout or Leg day. I also have less time in the evenings to cook dinner on days Man Cub has Tae Kwon-Do or soccer. Don't set yourself up for a drive-thru run because you ran out of time for an extravagant home cooked meal betweent the hectic evening responsibilities.
3. Choose your healthy recipes from your favorite source. I like to browse my "Good Eats" Pinterest board for ideas. Mostly because I am not a kitchen genius and rarely (never) come up with a good meal recipe right out of my own head...
Plug those meals into the days and times on the template that work for you.
4. List the ingredients you will need to shop for as you fill in your template.
5. Head to the grocery store and shop from your list! Enjoy a week of pre-planned meals!